User Name Password Registration
 
 

Ginglekids Play School
Request Photo
The Polo Grounds was the name given to four different stadiums in Upper Manhattan, New York City used by baseball's New York Metropolitans from 1880 until 1885, New York Giants from 1883 until 1957, the New York Yankees from 1912 until 1922, and by the New York Mets in their first two seasons of 1962 and 1963. It also hosted the 1934 and 1942 Major League Baseball All-Star Games.

As its name suggests, the original Polo Grounds was built in 1876 for the sport of polo. Of the four stadiums that carried this name over the years, the original structure was the only one actually used for polo. The field was originally referred to in newspapers simply as "the polo grounds", and over time this generic designation became a proper name. Bounded on the south and north by 110th and 112th Streets, and the east and west by Fifth and Sixth Avenues, just uptown of Central Park, it was converted to a baseball stadium when leased by the New York Metropolitans in 1880. The stadium was used jointly by the Giants and Metropolitans from 1883 until 1885, and the name stuck for each subsequent stadium of the Giants.
Express Interest |  Add to Shortlist 
Members who viewed your request : 3880


Miscategorized | Report Abuse |  Email this to a friend |  Print


 Search
Category
Location
Keyword






  © 2017 Serviz.in   Invite a Friend | Contact Us
Developed evince